Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Creating Permanent Links
Dental Hygiene at Vancouver Community College requires some additional information when creating Vancouver Style citations and reference lists.
You will need to provide is an URL for resources available online: use the VCC Guide to Creating Permanent Links (below).
Use http://tinyurl.com/ to shrink your permanent link!
Citation help from EBSCO
Paste into your document
EBSCO databases (Medline, CINAHL, and Academic Search Premier) include a Cite feature that formats your citations for you. This saves you time but always check these in a citation guide and correct any formatting errors.
- Search an EBSCO database.
- Click the title of an article you want to cite.
- Click the Cite icon on the right.
- Scroll down & find the formatted citation labelled Vancouver/ICMJE (or whichever citation style you're required to use).
- Copy & paste into your assignment. Check the Vancouver style guide and fix/repair the citation as needed.
- Mac: Option-Shift-Command-V to match formatting to your document.
- Windows: Ctrl-V then us the little Ctrl icon. Select arrow to match formatting.
Email to yourself
- Click the title of the article you want to cite.
- Use the email icon at the right of the page.
- Enter your email information, and choose a citation style (Vancouver/ICMJE) from the drop-down next to Citation format.
- Send it to yourself.
Citation help from EBSCO: Six-second demo
In-person help with essay writing skills:
Content by Vancouver Community College Library is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License