Dental Hygiene at Vancouver Community College requires some additional information when creating Vancouver Style citations and reference lists.
You will need to provide is an URL for resources available online: use the VCC Guide to Creating Permanent Links (below).
Use http://tinyurl.com/ to shrink your permanent link!
EBSCO databases (Medline, CINAHL, and Academic Search Premier) include a Cite feature that formats your citations for you. This saves you time but always check these in a citation guide and correct any formatting errors.
1. Search an EBSCO database.
2. Click the title of an article you want to cite.
3. Click the Cite icon on the right.
4. Scroll down & find the formatted citation labelled Vancouver/ICMJE (or whichever citation style you're required to use).
5. Copy & paste into your assignment. Check the Vancouver style guide and fix/repair the citation as needed.
Note: Copy & paste the citation into Notepad first, then copy that & put into Word, if it keeps the background colour from EBSCO.
Content by Vancouver Community College Library is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License