Skip to Main Content
Websites & Blogs
The Hair Boutique
Articles about hairstyles, products, and trends. Also hosts forums and image galleries.
Articles on hair health, inspiration, product recommendations, and how tos.
Styling advice and tutorials, with an emphasis on curly hair.
Confessions of a Hairstylist
Trend reports, product reviews, inspiration, and tutorials.
TONI & GUY Stylefinder
Image gallery organized by hair texture, length, and gender. Also organized into collections.
Gender Diversity & Inclusivity Resources
Dresscode Project is an alliance of salons and shops committed to providing positive, gender-affirming services for LGBTQ2S+ clients. Offers a services locator.
Stand for Trans is a grassroots initiative to create more trans-friendly barbershops and hair salons. Maintains a map of trans-friendly services in the US, Canada, and elsewhere.
- Ruddy, Evie. (2021, October 24). Cutting Through the Binary. CBC.
- Khan, Aamina. (2021, June 28). How I Found a Queer Haircut That Finally Felt Like Home. Allure.
- Van Dyke, Isobel. (2021, July 28). Scissoring 101: LGBTQ+ Hairdressers Talk Queer Trends, Stereotypes and Re-Opening After Lockdown. The Face.
- Wallace, Megan. (2020, January 22). The LGBTQI+ Community Needs Queer-Friendly Hairdressers. Hunger.
- Nzengung, Camille. (2021, June 29). 3 LGBTQIA+ Hair Pros on Exploring Queer Identity Through Hair. The Tease.
- Black, Lindsey R. (2017, December 29). 7 Queer Folks Share Why Their Haircuts Mean So Damn Much To Them. Bustle.
Content by Vancouver Community College Library is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License