Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Finding information for your assignments
The library offers a wide variety of online resources to help you find the information you need. Here are some useful resources:
- VCC Catalogue: Access to thousands of online journals, eBooks and databases via the Catalogue. To find online resources, filter search results by "Full text online".
- Article databases:Search databases to find articles, images, literacy criticism, music, reports, case studies, recipes and more.
- Subject and Course Guides: Visit this page to find out which books, ebooks, articles and streaming video collections are most appropriate for the topic you are researching.
- eBooks: How to access and read eBooks from our databases.
- Streaming Videos: How to access and watch videos from the VCC collection.
- OverDrive: Access to eBooks and Audiobooks you can read on your mobile device or computer.
- You can also download the app for your Apple and Android device.
- Connecting from home: To login to your library account or myVCC, with your student ID number and your password [default is your birth date (MMDDYY)]
- ASKAWAY chat help: Can find what the information you are looking for or want to talk with a librarian? Use Ask Away
- How to do Research: Step-by-step guide to doing research with VCC library resources
- ProQuest Research Companion: A resource that guides you through the research process.
These guides will help you identify the basic elements of a citation for the most common types of materials. They include citation examples for different formats, explanations, sample papers and more.
Content by Vancouver Community College Library is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License