Skip to main content
Taking care of the iPad
- NEVER leave the iPad unattended in public areas.
- Leave the iPad in its protective case.
- Don't use pens or other sharp objects to tap/write on the screen.
- Don't use the iPad anywhere it may get wet.
Top 8 Causes of Reported Accidents with the iPad
Getting an Apple ID
Create your Apple ID here.
- Enter your email address (that will be your Apple ID).
- Create a password.
- Confirm your password.
- Choose from one of the security questions.
- Write your answer to the security question.
- Enter your name, address and preferred language.
- Type the characters you see in the image.
- Agree to the Apple Terms of Service.
Copy and Paste
Select Text: Tap and hold your finger over a word until it is highlighted. To copy many words, drag the blue dots to the beginning and end of the text you want to copy.
Copy Text: Tap the Copy button that pops up.
Paste Text: Tap and hold your finger over the spot where you want to paste text. Release your finger after a second and tap the Paste button.
Viewing Apps on the iPad
You can switch between several open apps on your iPad. While you are in an open app, place your four fingers on the screen and move your hand to the right or left to move from one app to another.
Connecting to the internet
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Wi-Fi.
- Select VCC-Public as your wireless network.
- Use your College login - Student or Employee login
- Username: 9 digits student ID number
- Password: first time login - student birthday (MMDDYY)
- Tap Join and Accept.
Watch more iPad tutorials
Content by Vancouver Community College Library is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License